1" to 2" Creekstone
Did you know rounded pebbles have been found on Mars?
Ours come from a much closer location.
There are over four thousand creekstones in a yard. It can be tiresome at times counting each stone for precise quantities, which is why we no longer do this. Instead, we use a yard bucket then add a little extra so we always over-deliver.
- Free of Jagged points, edges, and ridges
- Soft appearance and feel
- Healthy Drainage
- A wide range of uses
Creekstones are a large, mainly smooth, varied colour-washed stone. The colours vary from grey, tan, beige, and the odd dark black making it a prime choice as a decorative spread beside sod, patios, or concrete for your landscape!
Useful for rock skipping.
We recommend using Creekstone's to be used as a decorative spread more so than as a backfill for retaining walls, as they are a more expensive option and won't be able to stabilize as efficiently as the smaller variety washed rocks can.
The relation between Weeds and Creekstone Rocks
Drawing from our experiences, we normally install our Creekstone product with a thicker fabric (~5 oz). By installing a thicker fabric, it will assist with the following:
- Separation of topsoil or base material for easy cleaning.
- Defence against, not the elimination of weeds. The removal of weeds will be easier as the roots of grown weeds will not be able to take heavy root into the soil with the fabric being present.
- As this is a larger stone, there are higher chances of weeds growing between the rocks. You can prevent this by spreading the material more evenly or filling the gaps between these large stones with smaller washed rocks.
Paths and Walkways
- Garden paths
- Front walkways
- Comfortable to walk on
- Variety of colours
- Shock absorbent
- Cleaner than sand or mulch
- Doesn't attract insects or other pests
- Low Maintenance
- Promotes healthy drainage
- Excellent for adding some contrast
- Cost-efficient in the long run
- Wet or dry water features
- Recommended steps for a good yield of crops.
- Erosion prevention