Screened Topsoil | Loam | Black Dirt
Yeah, it's dirt.
And it's our most popular product. No clay, no rocks, just natural soil from Edmonton. It's the foundation of a thriving landscape. Used in final grading, gardens, and good old mud fights. And because we strive to be honest and transparent, we provide a soil analysis with each delivery. So you'll know what your landscape is built on.
- Screened and broken down.
- Free of debris, rocks or excess clay.
- 100% natural with no additives.
A soil analysis is regularly used in agriculture. It's a simple way of getting an overview of the soil quality.
What you get.
- Client information
- Date the sample was received
- Nutrient Analysis
- Soil quality
- Fertilizer recommendations
- Measurements of the nutrients (ppm)
- Nutrients are given a grade of one of the following | Excess | Adequate | Marginal | Deficient |.
- Deficient soils will likely see the most improvement in yield by adding the specific nutrient.
- Organic matter - Darker soils have more (that's a good thing).
- CEC (cation exchange capacity) is the ability of soil to hold positively charged nutrients | Calcium | Magnesium | Potassium | Sodium | Hydrogen | Aluminum | Organic matter is high in CEC
- Soil Texture - a combination of | Sand | Silt | Clay | the soil texture effects water holding capacity. A higher capacity requires less watering.
- Salinity refers to salt levels. High levels can hinder plant growth.
- pH - | Acidic | Neutral | Alkaline | the closer to neutral the easier for plants to absorb nutrients.
- Based on seasonal rainfall.
- Recommended steps for a good yield of crops.
- Not always cost-effective solutions.
As this is a natural product, there may be traces of weed seeds within the soil; it is not a guaranteed weed-free product. Although it is screened, weed seeds cannot be removed in the screening process along with other small unwanted ingredients. For truly weed-free soil you need to bake it in an oven, then re-introduce the microorganisms lost in the heating process as well as nutrients removed by the evaporation.